Nothing is better than a cement-lime mortar with Chemstar Type S Lime & nothing enhances the quality and productivity of your masonry project. It provides the best flexural bond strength and resistance to water penetration available. As a result of their very small size (1/100th of a micron) the Chemstar Type S lime particles have very special properties which yield the following significant benefits:
- Prolonged cement hydration for increased board life
- Excellent water retention
- Use of marginal mortar sand, as every grain is fully coated
- Maximum sand yield and superior workability
- Improved mortar consistency due to high dispersing properties.
Usually mixed in a ratio similar to: 2 parts Portland Cement, 1 Part Lime, 6 parts Sand.
*WARNING*: Lime is an irritant; wear rubber gloves and eye protection. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes. Consult a Physician immediately. Do not take internally.
Available in 50lb bags.